- Serves 4
- Preparation Time 10MINS
- Cook Time 30MINS
Roasted Cauliflower & Onion
• ¼ to ½ cauliflower
• ½ brown onion sliced
• 2 tsp turmeric
• 2 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 ½ cups red lentils, rinsed
• 3 cloves garlic crushed
• ½ brown onion diced
• ½ tin tomatoes
• 1 litre of Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable
• 2 tsp grated ginger
• 2 tbsp curry powder medium hot
• ¼ cup coconut cream
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• ¼ cup chopped toasted almonds
• Chopped coriander
STEP 1 1. Heat oven to 200° C fan bake.
2. Chop cauliflower into florets and place in large bowl, add sliced onion and then season with garam masala, turmeric, chilli flakes and salt, add oil and mix until coated well. Fan bake for 30 mins or until dark and well roasted.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic, ginger, simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until nicely sweated down. Then add chopped tomatoes and curry powder and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Now add lentils and stock bring to boil and let simmer, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes then add the coconut cream and cook for a further 5 minutes. It is ready when the lentils are swollen and are tender. Turn off heat and let stand for 5 mins.
5. Mix in half of the roasted vegetables and stir
6. Serve the dahl into large bowl, spoon over the roasted cauliflower and onion, sprinkle over coriander and toasted almonds.
7. You can serve with steamed rice or naan, and a spoonful of yoghurt.