- Serves 4-5
- Preparation Time 20MINS
- Cook Time 01HR 15MINS
• 1 tblsp olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 2 rashers bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
• 1.8kg whole chicken
• 2 tblsps tomato paste
• 1L (4 cups) Campbells Real Stock – Chicken
• 350g packet McKenzie’s Lentils, Freekeh and Beans Superblend, rinsed
• 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
• 6 sprigs fresh thyme
STEP 1 1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish (16-cup capacity) over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Stir in paste and Campbell’s Real Stock – Chicken. Add chicken. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
3. Cook in oven for 30 minutes. Remove. Add Superblend, rind and thyme. Cover. Return to oven. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
4. Increase oven temperature to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Remove lid. Cook about 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
5. Remove chicken from the dish. Stand for 5 minutes. Cut into serving pieces.
6. Serve chicken over Superblend mixture from pot.