- Serves 4
- Preparation Time 15MINS
- Cook Time 20MINS
Pumpkin Soup Base Recipe
1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1.5kg cubed butternut pumpkin (1.5cm cubes) or 3 x 500g pkts ready cut diced pumpkin
1 L Campbell’s Real Stock – Salt Reduced Chicken
Tip: Replace Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken Salt Reduced with Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable for a vegetarian pumpkin soup base alternative
Twist 1: Maple Bacon Croutons with Sour Cream and Chives
2 rashers streaky bacon, cut into strips
1 tablespoon maple syrup
150g sourdough, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped chives
sour cream, to serve
Twist 2: Butter Chicken
450g jar Mild Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
thickened cream, coriander leaves and Naan bread, to serve
Twist 3: Mexican Salsa and Corn Chips
125g can corn kernels, drained
½ red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
1 green onion, sliced thinly
1 tbs chopped coriander
2 tsp lime juice
sour cream, corn chips and Mexican chilli powder, to serve.
Twist 4: Thai Curry
2 tbs Thai red curry paste
270ml can coconut milk, reserve 2 tbs for garnish
1 quantity Pumpkin Soup
fried shallots and coriander leaves, to serve
STEP 1 Pumpkin Soup Base Recipe
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan on medium. Sauté onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until softened and starting to colour.
2. Add pumpkin and Campbell’s Real Stock – Salt Reduced Chicken. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered for 10 minutes. Cook, further 5-10 minutes, uncovered until pumpkin is tender.
3. Stand for 5 minutes before processing with a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste.
STEP 2 Twist 1: Maple Bacon Croutons with Sour Cream and Chives
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place bacon and maple syrup on a baking tray, tossing to coat. Bake for 8-10 minutes until caramelised.
2. Add sourdough and oil, tossing well to combine. Bake further 8-10 minutes until croutons are golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
3. Ladle pumpkin soup into bowls. Dollop sour cream on top. Sprinkle with chives and maple bacon croutons.
STEP 3 Twist 2: Butter Chicken
1. Bring pumpkin soup to the boil. Add simmer sauce and simmer for 5 minutes until heated through.
2. Ladle into bowls. Drizzle with cream. Top with coriander and serve with naan bread
STEP 4 Twist 3: Mexican Salsa and Corn Chips
1. In a bowl, combine corn, capsicum, onion, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste.
2. Ladle Soup into bowls. Dollop with sour cream and top with salsa and corn chips. Sprinkle with a little Mexican chilli powder.
STEP 5 Twist 4: Thai Curry
1. In a small frying pan heat curry paste and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to the boil then add to soup. Cook soup for 5 minutes until heated through.
2. Serve drizzled with reserved coconut milk. Sprinkle with fried shallots and coriander leaves.