- Serves 4
- Preparation Time 20SECS
- Cook Time 35SECS
• 500g beef mince
• 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs (See Tip)
• 2 tblsps chopped fresh parsley
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 700ml bottle tomato passata
• 1L (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Beef
• ½ cup macaroni
• Finely grated parmesan, to serve
• Chopped fresh basil, to garnish
STEP 1 1. Combine beef, breadcrumbs and parsely in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
2. Heat half of the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium to high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
3. Heat remaining oil in same saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
4. Add passata, stock and meatballs to pan. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in macaroni. Simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked through.
5. Spoon among serving bowls. Serve with parmesan. Garnish with basil.