- Serves 6-8
- Preparation Time 10MINS
- Cook Time 50MINS
• 1 tblsp olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed1kg beef mince
• 2 tblsps plain flour
• 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
• ½ cup tomato paste
• 1L (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Beef
• 9 dried lasagne sheets
• 3 cups grated Tasty cheese
• 1 cup baby spinach leaves
• 60g butter
• 1/3 cup plain flour
• 2 cups (500ml) milk
• ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
STEP 1 1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Add flour and herbs. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
3. Stir in paste and Campbell’s Real Stock- Beef. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, to make bechamel sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan until frothy. Add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk until combined and smooth. Bring to boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Lightly grease a large rectangle ovenproof dish (23 x 34cm). Spoon a thin layer of meat sauce over base of prepared dish to cover. Arrange three lasagne sheets over top, trimming to fit neatly.
6. Pour over half the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Scatter with spinach leaves. Repeat layering with lasagne sheets, remaining meat sauce and cheese, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets.
7. Spread bechamel sauce over top of sheets. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover tightly with greased foil.
8. Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and lasagne is tender.