- Serves 4-6
- Preparation Time 25MINS
- Cook Time 35MINS
• 1½ tblsps olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tblsps tomato paste
• 1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
• 2 cups (500ml) Campbells Real Stock – Vegetable
• 1/3 cup frozen peas
• 600g washed potatoes, peeled, chopped
• 250g cauliflower florets
• 2 tblsps olive oil
• 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
STEP 1 1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add tomato paste, sauce, lentils and Campbell’s Real stock – Vegetable. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in peas. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Transfer to a greased, large ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity).
4. Meanwhile, to make topping, place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to boil. Gently boil, partially covered, for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan with half the milk. Mash until smooth.
5. Cook cauliflower in a separate saucepan of boiling, salted water for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan with remaining milk. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Stir into potato with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over lentil mixture.
6. Cook in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove. Stand 5 minutes before serving.