- Serves 4
- Preparation Time 15MINS
- Cook Time 20MINS
• 2 tblsps vegetable oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tsps finely grated fresh ginger
• 1½ tblsps mild curry powder
• 2 tblsps tomato paste
• 1½ cups dried red lentils, rinsed
• 1 litre (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Vegetable
• 400g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
• 50g baby spinach leaves
• 2 tblsps chopped fresh coriander
• Natural yoghurt and toasted/warmed roti bread, to serve
STEP 1 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring for a further 1 minute.
2. Stir in tomato paste, lentils, stock and sweet potato. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until sweet potato and lentils are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and coriander.
3. Serve with yoghurt and roti bread.