Turmeric Chicken and Rice Bake Recipe
- Serves 4
- Preparation Time 30MINS
- Cook Time 25MINS
• 2 tblsps olive oil
• 8 chicken drumsticks (approx.1.2 kg)
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 2 cups (500ml) Campbells Real Stock – Salt-Reduced Chicken
• ¾ cup basmati rice, rinsed
• 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
• ¼ cup currants
• 2 tblsps chopped fresh coriander
STEP 1 1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning until browned all over. Transfer to a large ovenproof dish (35cm x 25cm).
3. Cook in oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat same frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add spices. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add Campbell’s stock – Chicken Salt- Reduced. Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle rice evenly around chicken in dish. Add hot stock mixture, chickpeas and currants. Cover tightly with foil. Return to oven.
6. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove.
7. Sprinkle with coriander.