- Serves 4
- Preparation Time 15MINS
- Cook Time 30MINS
• 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed, kernels removed, (reserving cob)
• 1 tblsp olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 1 large washed potato, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
• ¼ cup plain flour
• 4 cups (1L) Campbell’s Real Stock – Chicken
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
• Fresh chives, to garnish
• Crusty bread, to serve
STEP 1 1. Remove and discard husk and silks from corn cob. Cut kernels from cob. Reserve cob and kernels.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 mins, or until onion soft.
3. Add bacon, celery, potato and corn kernels. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until bacon starts to brown. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually add stock, whisking until smooth. Add thyme and reserved corn cob. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until potato is tender and soup thickens slightly. Discard corn cob.
4. Stir cream into soup. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with chives. Serve with bread.